[ros-users] problems with image_proc using a modified camera

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 23:15:17 UTC 2010

David,

It doesn't look like you are doing anything special to sync the
timestamps in letterbox/image_raw and letterbox/camera_info. If they
are out of sync, image_proc may not work properly. I've seen a mention
of a special CameraPublisher class that can help you to do that (see
http://www.ros.org/doc/api/image_transport/html/classimage__transport_1_1CameraPublisher.html).
You should also take a look at
http://www.ros.org/doc/api/image_transport/html/classimage__transport_1_1CameraSubscriber.html
, as it might simplify gathering both the image_raw and camera_info
topics.

- Eric