[ros-users] problems with image_proc using a modified camera

Kurt Konolige konolige at willowgarage.com
Thu Apr 8 00:43:00 UTC 2010

David, the facility to adjust the rectified image to contain all the
original image (with possible blank parts), or to contain the largest
inscribable rectangle, or something in between, is already present in
the calibration routines for stereo.  It doesn't look like this has
been added to the monocular calibration routines, but it should be.

If you're going to modify the frames post-calibration (e.g., you
calibrated and created one type of image, but want another) , I'd
suggest modifying the focal length parameter, which will scale the
rectified image.  Caroline Pantofaru has done this on some bag files,
and can give you the details.

Cheers --Kurt