[ros-users] camera_info message and stereo_image_proc

Dejan Pangercic dejan.pangercic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 12:33:16 UTC 2010

Hi Rosen,

now I can confirm it uses cameradc1394.
@Antons, Jack: Would it make sense to make it depend on camera1394 pkg
as this one seems to be getting an official ack from the ROS
community?

@Rosen: Out of curiosity, running videre.launch file from
videre_stereo_cam pkg, what framerates are you getting? Mines are
around 11-16 and I constantly get following warning:
[ WARN] [1271160944.481652714]: Timed out waiting for camera.

According to manual (e.g. http://users.rcn.com/mclaughl.dnai/dcam.pdf)
the camera shall respond with 30fps  while in monochrome mode - which
videre_stereo_cam seems to be assuming as default.

cheers, D.