[ros-users] Confusion with TF...

Jason Owens jlowens at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 21:37:03 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 2:18 PM, John Hsu <johnhsu at willowgarage.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> It's hard to debug this issue without being able to reproduce the problem...

I figured that might be the case...

> is there a way you can create a pseudo-package which we can run and
> reproduce the symptoms?  Also, can you also attach outputs from
>
> rosrun tf view_frames
> roswtf

I'll work on creating a mini-pkg; until then, I've uploaded two bag
files at http://public.me.com/robocoder (the jitter has the matching
tf rate 10Hz, and the no_jitter has 13Hz), and I've attached the
frames and wtf output to this message. I do notice that for some
reason, the frame.pdf shows the messages as being quite old - is this
something that has to do with gazebo? When I look at the
ros::Time::toSec() when the system is running, I get values that match
the ROS time displayed in rviz, i.e. starting from 0.

Thanks for looking at this!
-Jason