[ros-users] git_checkout.mk missing on latest

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Thu Apr 15 15:11:06 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 4:49 AM, Dejan Pangercic
<dejan.pangercic at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just noticed that "mk" pkg on ros latest does not contain
> "git_checkout.mk" and some other very useful scripts anymore.
> What was the reason for removing it?

hi Dejan,

I removed git_checkout.mk back in January, in preparation for 1.0:
  https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/changeset/7924/stacks/ros/trunk/core/mk

As the commit message says, it was undocumented and, I thought,
unused.  I didn't realize that other people were using it.

If you ticket me with a new version of the script with documentation
(comments in the file would be fine, similar to the other .mk files),
I'll add it back.

	brian.