[ros-users] handling multiple topics in Python

Stuart Glaser sglaser at willowgarage.com
Thu Apr 15 17:39:18 UTC 2010

Hi Patrick,

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Patrick Bouffard
<patrick.m.bouffard at gmail.com> wrote:
> - Ctrl+C not being caught (when run with roslaunch, it eventually has
> to escalate to SIGKILL every time which I think means that I'm doing
> something wrong),

Rospy replaces the signal handler for SIGINT.  A running loop in your
main thread will no longer be interrupted with a KeyboardInterrupt.
Instead you should check rospy.is_shutdown() as a condition of your
loop.

> - the joystick apparently not sending messages for a few seconds at a
> time (when it should be sending them at around 20 Hz),

Does your joystick keep sending messages when its values aren't
changing?  I know that some will stop sending messages in this case.

Ditto to Blaise and James: seeing some code would be helpful as well
as more details on what you're trying to do.

-Stu

--
Stuart Glaser
sglaser -at- willowgarage -dot- com