[ros-users] Costmap_2d_tutorials without stageros?

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Mon Apr 19 14:52:42 UTC 2010

hi Daniel,

costmap_2d can definitely be used without stageros.  But it needs a
source of laser data and transforms.  When you comment out stageros
from your launch file, you're no longer feeding any data into the
costmap.  That's why callbacks aren't being invoked.  Laser and
transform data could come from a simulation (e.g., stageros), a
physical robot, or playback of logged data from a bag file
(http://www.ros.org/wiki/Bags).

	brian.