[ros-users] lookupVelocity not implemented in tf Python

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Tue Apr 20 21:47:35 UTC 2010

Patrick,
Sorry, the tf API documentation is actually ahead of the code.  The
lookupVelocity method is a prototype targeted to be released into the next
release of tf in geometry 1.1 which will go into the "latest" distro.  This
is an API breaking change and thus will not be backported to boxturtle.

The docs should reflect the earliest version for which this API was
released.  I will update them shortly.  As far as I know everything else
should be up to date.

Tully

PS the lookupVelocity API will be changing see ticket
https://code.ros.org/trac/ros-pkg/ticket/4010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Patrick Bouffard <
bouffard at eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I was just looking at the docs for the Python API to tf and noticed
> the lookupVelocity function. However it seems (in boxturtle at least)
> to not be implemented. There does look to be some source code but it
> is commented out. Is this a feature that will return in a future
> version? And are the Python tf API docs up to date, other than this
> error?
>
> Thanks,
> Pat

Tully Foote