[ros-users] problems with nav_view / nav stack

David Lu!! davidvlu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 16:43:46 UTC 2010

I think I may have found the problem. The messages are being sent through
the below method in AMCL (confirmed by printing debug messages)

void
AmclNode::initialPoseReceivedOld(const
geometry_msgs::PoseWithCovarianceStampedConstPtr& msg)
{
  // Support old behavior, where null frame ids were accepted.
  if(msg->header.frame_id == "")
  {
    ROS_WARN("Received initialpose message with header.frame_id == "".
 This behavior is deprecated; you should always set the frame_id");
    initialPoseReceived(msg);
  }
}

However, the messages are not being passed on to initialPoseRecieved
since their frame is not "".

Should this code read like this instead...

void

AmclNode::initialPoseReceivedOld(const
geometry_msgs::PoseWithCovarianceStampedConstPtr& msg)
{
  // Support old behavior, where null frame ids were accepted.
  if(msg->header.frame_id == "")
  {
    ROS_WARN("Received initialpose message with header.frame_id == "".
 This behavior is deprecated; you should always set the frame_id");

  }

  initialPoseReceived(msg);

}