[ros-users] 2 questions

Piero Cosi piero.cosi at pd.istc.cnr.it
Wed Apr 21 17:52:20 UTC 2010

I am new to this list.....thus SORRY if the question could be.....naif !

I installed ROS with the SVN method...everything seems to be OK
I did also all the BEGINNER Tutorials with success!

FIRST QUESTION
continuing aftter the last Tutorial Navihating the ROS wiki
I got into
tf/Tutorials/Introduction to tf
and I did it correctly!

but on the following Tutorial
tf/Tutorial/Writing a tf broadcaster....

there is a "$ roscd sandbox" command
.........and I have no such package "sandbox"
WHAT IS THIS "sandbox" package???

SECOND question
I tried also to install everything with your preferred method
sudo apt-get.....but I got ERRORS

ros-boxturtle-base
Depends: ros-boxturtle-image-pipeline (= 1.0.0-9-jaunty) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: ros-boxturtle-vision-opencv (= 1.0.2.9-jaunty) but it is not going to be installed

HOW CAN I solve the problem!

with the SVN method these two things are correctly in place?!?!?

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

CIAOOOO
Piero