[ros-users] 2 questions

Jeremy Leibs leibs at willowgarage.com
Wed Apr 21 18:47:28 UTC 2010

Hi Piero, a little bit more information would be helpful.

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Piero Cosi <piero.cosi at pd.istc.cnr.it> wrote:
> SECOND question
> I tried also to install everything with your preferred method
> sudo apt-get.....but I got ERRORS
>
> ros-boxturtle-base
> Depends: ros-boxturtle-image-pipeline (= 1.0.0-9-jaunty) but it is not going
> to be installed
> Depends: ros-boxturtle-vision-opencv (= 1.0.2.9-jaunty) but it is not going
> to be installed

What package are you trying to install?  How did you format the
apt-get install line?

Have you ever installed ros via the apt repositories before, or is
this the first time?

My best guess is that there is a dependency conflict.  Could you send
me the full text from the invocation of the command all the way
through the end of the error messages.  There might be some more
relevant information in there.

Alternatively, what happens if you just try to install the opencv package: