[ros-users] cvToImgMsg for ROI images

James Bowman jamesb at willowgarage.com
Fri Apr 23 13:07:45 UTC 2010

Hmm, suggest instead of IplImage you use CvMat, as in

CvMat subframe;
cvGetSubRect(frame, &subframe, cvRect(width/2, height/2, width/2,
height/2));
pub_narrow_.publish(bridge.cvToImgMsg(&subframe, "bgr8"));

(I think you are right; cv_bridge does not handle IplImage with ROI
correctly.  But IplImage is deprecated in OpenCV in favor of CvMat.)

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 4:57 AM, Kei Okada <k-okada at jsk.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does cv_bridge support converting ROI image to ROS msg?
>
> I'm trying to publish ROI cropped image as followings, however the
> hoge.ppm and published image message are differ.
> hoge.ppm start from (width/2 height/2) of the original image but
> published image starts from (0 0).Both image size are width/2 and height/2.
>
>          IplImage *frame = ....;
>          int width = frame->width, height = frame->height;
>          cvSetImageROI(frame, cvRect(width/2, height/2, width/2,
> height/2));
>          cvSaveImage("hoge.ppm", frame);
>          pub_narrow_.publish(bridge.cvToImgMsg(frame, "bgr8"));
>
> ==
> Kei Okada

J.