[ros-users] Importing / including a new library into ROS (OctoMap)

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Fri Apr 23 16:03:31 UTC 2010

Cool!

We have no issues with pointing to small repos. It would be nice to
reorganize the repo a bit so that people can check out the ROS portion
directly into their tree (right now they have to checkout from trunk/
for the Makefile to work, which means they have to set
ROS_PACKAGE_PATH to a sub-portion of the checkout). You might also
want to consider turning the 'ros' directory into an 'octomap_ros'
stack as there are two packages in it.

Our experience with our distributed build system is that 1 SF repo is
flaky, two SF repos are very flaky, so mounting octomap inside of
alufr-ros-pkg would probably make it unpleasant to use.

Hope this helps,
Ken