[ros-users] pycrypto missing in rosdep.yaml

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Wed Apr 28 15:31:16 UTC 2010

Hi Rene,

pycrypto is a dependency of paramiko and should be brought in
automatically. I wasn't aware of any packages needing pycrypto
directly (it's not used by the 1000+ public ROS packages), but can add
it in if there is a use case. It just requires more maintenance.

On a separate note: is there a reason that you are using ros trunk? No
one, except for ROS core developers, should ever need ros-trunk. It's
very, very volatile. Appropriate release URLs are documented here:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Releases

 - Ken