[ros-users] Kill all running ros processes

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Wed Apr 28 19:34:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Robbie Plankenhorn
<rplankenhorn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there an easy way to kill all running ros processes?  I am running some
> roslaunch files in the background and I want to be able to kill them easily.

The proper way would be to sent SIGINT to the roslaunch processes.
Each roslaunch instance does very careful process control, and will
kill everything that it started.  To help with this, you can have
roslaunch write its process id to file, e.g.:
  roslaunch --pid=/tmp/myroslaunch.pid mystuff.launch
To kill it:
  kill -INT `cat /tmp/myroslaunch.pid`

	brian.