[ros-users] Compiling ROS statically

jksrecko jksrecko at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 19:36:40 UTC 2010

How about having scpp export tag in manifest.xml, for statically linked
libs/executables. And with an extra attribute, platform, that could be any,
osx, gnu/linux, win... Or having this platform attribute directly in export
tag?

As for the duplication of information, couldn't CMake get this via rospack -
which would traverse dependencies? I think this should be viable with minor
changes to current build system. Am I missing something?