[ros-users] [PCL]: seg fault in convertCloudToArray

Dejan Pangercic dejan.pangercic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 14:51:27 UTC 2010

Hi there,
I tested the "pcl_tutorials/src/pairwise_incremental_registration.cpp"
today and it seg. faulted with the following backtrace:
"""
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000000004230b4 in
pcl::KdTreeANN<pcl::PointNormal>::convertCloudToArray(pcl::PointCloud<pcl::PointNormal>
const&) ()
#1  0x000000000042337c in
pcl::KdTreeANN<pcl::PointNormal>::setInputCloud(boost::shared_ptr<pcl::PointCloud<pcl::PointNormal>
const> const&, boost::shared_ptr<std::vector<int, std::allocator<int>
#2  0x0000000000412a1e in pairAlign(pcl::PointCloud<pcl::PointXYZ>
const&, pcl::PointCloud<pcl::PointXYZ> const&,
pcl::PointCloud<pcl::PointXYZ>&) ()
#3  0x00000000004143f6 in main ()
"""
The problem however is in that I get no debug output, that is, if I
for instance change to the stack 0 (by typing in "frame 0") and then
try to list the code there I get the following output from the
debugger:
"""
in dl-debug.c
"""
So without any debug symbols. I then tried to re-build the pcl by
explicitly enabling the Debug directive (by setting "set
(ROS_BUILD_TYPE Debug)") but still without any success.
So my question is I guess how can I debug this code without having to
pollute the convertCloudToArray function with cerr-s?

On the seg. fault issue itself, it turns out that it has been caused
by the commit number  r31496 as reverting to the version number r31461
actually gets rid of it.

cheers, D.

--
MSc. Dejan Pangercic