[ros-users] RViz on Windows

William Woodall wjwwood at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 02:01:03 UTC 2010

Hi guys, I took a quick look around and didn't find anything current or
concrete on the topic, but I am trying to convince my lab to convert to ROS,
but a lot of them are weary about limited Windows support.  I think it would
go along way to up their adoption rates if some of the tools like RViz,
rxconsole, and maybe the simulators ran on Windows.  I know that they are
mostly written in Ogre3D and wxWidgets, so I think it should be possible,
but understandably not a priority.  Has anyone had experiences or successes
in using parts of ROS and its tools on Windows?  Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,

William Woodall
Graduate Software Engineering
Auburn University