[ros-users] Simulation Goal

Sam Quintanar robosq at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 4 06:16:34 UTC 2010

I'd like to start using the PR2 simulation.
I've already done the PR2 installation and gone through the first 18 of the beginners_tutorials and completed the questionnaire at the end.

My first goal is to play with "only" the "omnidirectional base" of the PR2 to get a good feel of how the simulation works and what it takes to run the omnidirectional base software-wise.
1- What must I do to see "only" the base operate in simulation?

My second goal is to purchase the hardware for the omnidirectional base and see it actually work.

2- Is my first goal feasible, and if so, what are the steps I need to take toward my goal?
Please point me to where I need to start concerning using and customizing the simulation.

Thanks..........and BTW....THIS IS A FANTASTIC USERSLIST!! THE BEST I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED!

SamQ