[ros-users] C Turtle rviz usage error

Pramod Bhagwat prbhagwat at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 15:16:34 UTC 2010

Hi,
I am new to ROS.  I have installed  ROS CTurtle release on Ubuntu 9.04 as
per instruction given in the following link
http://www.ros.org/wiki/cturtle/Installation/Ubuntu.
I am able to run Beginner level tutorial given in the website.
Now i am trying to run visualization tutorial given in the following link
http://www.ros.org/wiki/rviz/Tutorials/Markers%3A%20Basic%20Shapes
after executing following command in the console

$rosrun rviz rviz
GUI window pops up but suddenly window will disappear and following error
message is displayed on the console

get fences failed: -1
param: 6, val: 0
[ INFO] [1281020606.631357783]: Loading general config from
[/home/pramod/.rviz/config]
[ INFO] [1281020606.631636799]: Loading display config from
[/home/pramod/.rviz/display_config]
(0) : fatal error C9999: *** exception during compilation ***
Cg compiler terminated due to fatal error

Let me know how to overcome this problem.
Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,
pramod