[ros-users] Setting up tilt unit for the point cloud

Sanja Popovic sanja at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 19 15:26:34 UTC 2010

Hi,

I would like to set up my servo and Hokuyo to get the point cloud by using laser_assembler. By looking at the source code, I've figured out that it just accumulates the LaserScans and merges them in the PointCloud. What I don't see is how does it deal with the fact that laser is moving while tilting. Is this something I need to set with my tilting node? What is my tilting node supposed to publish in order for the TF to work properly when assembling?

I am sorry for possible missing the obvious, I am kind of clueless. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Sanja