[ros-users] generating new messages for rosoct

trinighost trinighost at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 19:07:46 UTC 2010

Hello all, while exploring rosoct for the first time I found somethings which
may help some.

To generate new messages (as necessary to follow the suggestions in the
http://www.ros.org/wiki/rosoct#line-56 messages/services section ) one has
to use genmsg_oct.
The only gotcha to be aware of is that currently (cturtle) full paths are
needed for the .msg files.  For example, I typed the following: ./genmsg_oct
/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/common_msgs/sensor_msgs/msg/Image.msg)

My experience was that if the full path isn't used, you'd get the error
realpath() failed: No such file or directory
This occurred for me even in the directory in which the message file
located.

I'm but a noob.. so if I didn't do this in the right way hopefully someone
else can clear this up!