[ros-users] rviz yellow disk

Armin Hornung HornungA at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Aug 26 14:30:53 UTC 2010

Hi!

I would also like to get rid of the yellow disc that appears in RViz
every time you change the viewpoint.
This was brought up in March on the mailing list:

> You can comment out line 78 of
> rviz/src/rviz/view_controllers/orbit_view_controller.cpp:
>
> //focal_shape_->getRootNode()->setVisible(true);
>
> This will become configurable at some point in the future.

Is that possible in the current cturtle release without recompiling rviz
(if yes, I could not find the config option or parameter)? I would have
to switch from the precompiled .debs to SVN just for that otherwise...

Maybe there's a .cg somewhere where the disc could be set to be
completely transparent?

Cheers,
Armin

--
Armin Hornung                              Albert-Ludwigs-Universität
www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~hornunga   Dept. of Computer Science