[ros-users] Pioneer 3-AT with SICK LMS200 (communication issues)

Tomas tomash at cs.ubc.ca
Thu Aug 26 23:38:37 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use ROS with a Pioneer 3-AT, with a SICK LMS200 mounted at the
front. For some reason, I can't connect to the laser via the serial port.
Even simply using the sicktoolbox without ROS is not working. The robot has
ubuntu 8.04 installed. I've tried the ports ttyS 0-3 (which is the highest
numbers they go to) and I've tried different baud rates on them all. From
what I can tell, a baud rate of 38400 is the one that the sick is designed
to work with.

If anyone has successfully run the configuration I am using, or has any
ideas about what the problem may be, I'd really appreciate some help.

Cheers,
Tomas