[ros-users] call for testing: camera1394 in C-turtle

Hordur Kristinn Heidarsson heidarss at usc.edu
Sat Aug 28 00:05:00 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've been testing out the driver with a couple of Videre STH-DCSG-VARX-C
cameras. The node started out without a problem, but I only got empty/black
frames from the camera. After messing around and looking through the code, I
tried commenting out the part where the camera is reset:
//  if (DC1394_SUCCESS != dc1394_camera_reset(camera_))
After commenting that out the driver works fine with the cameras. So I did a
simple fix that checks if the manufacturer and type is VIDERE_DESIGN and the
model is MDS and skip the reset if that's the case.

ps. where in the pipeline would I correct for one camera being mounted
upside down?

Best regards,
Hordur