[ros-users] Running PR2 Simulator under Virtualization

Ibrahim Awwal ibrahim.awwal at berkeley.edu
Sun Aug 29 07:20:05 UTC 2010

  Hi guys,
I'm trying to get started with ROS and the PR2 simulator, and I was
wondering whether it's possible to run the PR2 simulator under
virtualization. I've been trying to get it to work under VirtualBox with
3D acceleration enabled but I get OpenGL errors, and according to
http://www.ros.org/wiki/rviz/Troubleshooting#A.22No_GLX_FBConfig_support.22_under_VirtualBox
it seems like this is a known issue with VirtualBox. Is there any way to
get the PR2 simulator to run under virtualization? Or is it possible to
run it in Windows? I'd like to avoid dual booting if possible. Thanks,

--
-Ibrahim Awwal