[ros-users] rosinstall Cturtle installation error on Snow leopard

Billy Okal b.okal at jacobs-university.de
Sun Aug 29 19:45:13 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I am experiencing the following problem with Cturtle installation on Snow
leopard. I have followed the standard osx guide on the wiki and installed
py25-yaml correctly, but still I get this,

rosinstall ~/ros http://ros.org/rosinstalls/cturtle_pr2all.rosinstall
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/rosinstall", line 5, in <module>
    pkg_resources.run_script('rosinstall==0.5.6', 'rosinstall')
  File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py",
line 442, in run_script
    self.require(requires)[0].run_script(script_name, ns)
  File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py",
line 1167, in run_script
    exec script_code in namespace, namespace
  File
"/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/rosinstall-0.5.6-py2.6.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/rosinstall",
line 23, in <module>

ImportError: No module named yaml

Has anybody seen this, what what could be the remedy for it?

Billy Okal.
"sure vi is user friendly, its just particular about who to be friends with"