[ros-users] wg-ros-pkg/trunk and ros-pkg/trunk moved to trunk_cturtle

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Wed Aug 4 16:28:10 UTC 2010

Hi Mike,

wg-ros-pkg/all was deprecated in boxturtle [1] and we've stopped
supporting it for future distros [2]. The URL no longer has any
meaning now that there are ROS distributions. It used to be a
convenience URL that we used inside WG, but there is no longer the
'one' development head that we are working on.

wg-ros-pkg/all has been superceded by the auto-generated 'distro' URLs:
https://code.ros.org/svn/wg-ros-pkg/externals/distro/DISTRO_NAME/VARIANT

However, as these are generated from the distribution themselves, they
do not include 'trunk' or 'trunk_cturtle', which are unreleased code.
We're trying to reduce the general audience that checks out our
trunks, mainly because we think it confuses new users who see
experimental code at the same level as the stable code. Of course, you
need easy access to openrave_planning, so your needs are different.

One question is does openrave_planning belong in trunk_cturtle or
trunk. trunk_cturtle is for packages being developed against C Turtle
APIs. trunk is for packages being developed against "Unstable" (the
new name for 'latest').

HTH,
Ken

[1]: http://ros-users.122217.n3.nabble.com/ROS-Distribution-Box-Turtle-Release-td425278.html#a425278