[ros-users] edits to gentoo install wiki page

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Wed Aug 4 21:00:37 UTC 2010

Dave,

Thanks for the updates.  Can you go ahead and update the wiki with what
works for you on gentoo.  We don't have a gentoo machine running in the
building to test.

I've updated the rosdep.yaml in ROS.  This change will go out in the next
patch release.

Tully

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 12:16 PM, David Feil-Seifer <
david.feilseifer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some quick notes on the install page the gentoo on the wiki:
>
> add
> > echo "dev-python/setuptools" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
>
> and:
> > emerge -u setuptools
>
> in order to get a version of setuptools new enough so that
> 'easy_install rosinstall' will work.
>
> Also, change line 55 of $ROS_ROOT/rosdep.yaml from:
>  gentoo: "=dev-python/pygtk-2.*"
> to:
>  gentoo: "=dev-python/pygtk-2*"
>
> in order to make it a valid package atom.
>
> -Dave

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer
Willow Garage, Inc.