[ros-users] A cross-compiling repository

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Thu Aug 5 18:58:34 UTC 2010

With respect to being able to extend rosdep, that is definitely a
possibility.  Right now it is abstracted based on the detected OS however it
can be overridden by using environment variables to set the OS.  If you
define your own OS there is an abstracted interface which rosdep uses,
through which the arguments from rosdep.yaml are passed.  From which you
create a script to run.  Right now everything is assumed to be a bash
script, but there are thoughts of extending it to python for better cross
platform support.

Tully

--
Tully Foote