[ros-users] PCL visualizer - deprecated header

Radu Bogdan Rusu rusu at willowgarage.com
Wed Aug 11 17:11:21 UTC 2010

On 08/11/2010 10:03 AM, Sanja Popovic wrote:
> Hi,
> I didn't use it much, just to see what are my point clouds like. Is there any way I can keep the window with the point cloud open while my program continues to execute? ros::spin stops it there until I close the window and I couldn't find any way around it.

Yup, take a look at p.spin and p.spinOnce (we're mimicking the ros standard there), where p is a PCLVisualizer object.
The test examples should exhibit the same behavior, and you can look into pcl_tutorials at
pairwise_registration_alignment for a fancier example that uses viewports (oh, pcd_viewer also does that if you enable
-multiview).

Cheers,
Radu.