[ros-users] PCL visualizer - deprecated header

Sanja Popovic sanja at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 11 17:28:26 UTC 2010

Whoops, my bad. I'm already doing that. P.spin() freezes everything until closing the window and p.spinOnce() just keeps the point cloud displayed for specified amount of time while also freezing everything else. What I would like is to keep the visualization on screen without stopping the execution of program. Am I missing on something or is this impossible to do?

Thanks,
Sanja
From: Radu Bogdan Rusu [rusu at willowgarage.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 1:11 PM
To: ros-users at code.ros.org
Cc: Sanja Popovic
Subject: Re: [ros-users] PCL visualizer - deprecated header

On 08/11/2010 10:03 AM, Sanja Popovic wrote:
> Hi,
> I didn't use it much, just to see what are my point clouds like. Is there any way I can keep the window with the point cloud open while my program continues to execute? ros::spin stops it there until I close the window and I couldn't find any way around it.

Yup, take a look at p.spin and p.spinOnce (we're mimicking the ros standard there), where p is a PCLVisualizer object.
The test examples should exhibit the same behavior, and you can look into pcl_tutorials at
pairwise_registration_alignment for a fancier example that uses viewports (oh, pcd_viewer also does that if you enable
-multiview).

Cheers,
Radu.