[ros-users] rosinstall - is there a permalink for?

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Fri Aug 13 17:47:55 UTC 2010

Hi Mark,
it looks like there's a python problem in squeeze,
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=591606 .  easy_install of
rosinstall is tested and known working on lenny.

If you can't get easy_install working you can find rosinstall as a tarball
on pypi
http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=rosinstall&submit=search

Tully

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Mark Worsdall
<code.ros.org at wizdom.org.uk>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Debian and Unbuntu is just not going to happen for me, so am
> doing the svn install and compile method for cturtle and the first
> problem was no rosinstall.
>
> I tried easy_install but that just err'd
> easy_install
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/easy_install", line 9, in <module>
>     load_entry_point('distribute==0.6.14', 'console_scripts',
> 'easy_install')()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 305, in
> load_entry_point
>     return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2244,
> in load_entry_point
>     return ep.load()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 1954,
> in load
>     entry = __import__(self.module_name, globals(),globals(),
> ['__name__'])
> ValueError: bad marshal data
>

> Anyway, luckily I had a rosinstall laying around and used that
> successfully.
>
> I am doing a blog so others can have a go with ROS to and the
> instructions will not be using the easy_install method to get going
> (tried pip too). Hence asking do you have a direct perm link for
> rosinstall?
>
> M.
> --
> Mark Worsdall