[ros-users] rosinstall script creating rosinstall local branches for git repositories

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Fri Aug 13 21:54:34 UTC 2010

William,
rosinstall requires ros to be defined in the rosinstall file.  It does not
look at your environment anymore for that was very fragile and caused
problems when updating if you weren't very careful about cleaning up your
environment.

Based on your environment the following will work if you used rosinstall or
debians to install into /opt/ros

rosinstall automow /opt/ros/cturtle
http://github.com/wjwwood/au-automow/raw/master/automow.rosconfig

If you do not have a .rosinstall file in /opt/ros/cturtle you can add one
with this content
{{{
- other:
    local-name: /opt/ros/cturtle/ros
- other:
    local-name: /opt/ros/cturtle/stacks
}}}
Followed by `rosinstall automow /opt/ros/cturtle

Or you can directly insert the above entries into automow/.rosinstall
 followed by `rosinstall automow` to regenerate your setup file.

Re rosinstall and git: the branches are tracking correctly in rosinstall
version 0.5.5 which is already out and in r10703 I have made the branch name
default to master.  That will go out in 0.5.6  All git clones create local
branches of the remote branches, the naming is just a cosmetic thing as long
as the tracking is setup correctly.

Tully

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer