[ros-users] Enabling double precision and finding libraries in ODE

Soo-Hyun Yoo yoos117 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 23:50:34 UTC 2010

Hi Brian,

As for the differences between the two runs, it's just warnings.  On
> the first build, the compiler gives a bunch of warnings about your
> code, but succeeds in compiling it.  On the second run, the code is
> already compiled, so you don't see the warnings.
>
> And in both cases, the build fails at the end because the linker can't
> find libdrawstuff.  Looks like there's more to do to expose it from
> within the opende package.

As I described in my reply to John, it looks as if the changes to the cflags
and lflags made in manifest.xml are not taking effect.

> It's not a dead-end, and I suspect that we'll continue to use some

software, such as ODE and OpenCV, as third-party ROS packages, because
> we want very specific versions, sometimes with specific patches.  I
> was just explaining why we haven't invested time in a more flexible
> way of building third-party code (e.g., adding gentoo-like USE flags).

It sounds like the ODE included in ROS is essentially there to guarantee
compatibility and reliability. I will then try to stick with it.

Soo-Hyun Yoo