[ros-users] gscam segfaults

Trevor Jay tjay at cs.brown.edu
Tue Aug 17 14:37:28 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Sebastien Lelong
<sebastien.lelong at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess I have some problems with my pipeline definition... Any idea ? Is it
> because it's YUV and not RGB ? (webcam doesn't seem to support RGB with
> video/x-raw-rgb pipeline element).

It definitely looks like a colorspace issue. gscam can only process
RGB triplets. I'd need a similar YUV camera to tell you the exact
$GSCAM_CONFIG to use, but you should be able to go from YUV->RGB
within the pipeline itself. You might simply need to move or repeat
the ffmpegcolorspace node closer to the color definition. Something
like:

GSCAM_CONFIG="v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! videoscale !
ffmpegcolorspace ! video/x-raw-rgb ! identity name=ros ! jpegenc !
fakesink"
or
GSCAM_CONFIG="v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! videoscale !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
video/x-raw-rgb ! identity name=ros ! jpegenc ! fakesink"

I've had to do something similar with a black and white camera. Let me
know if that works for you.

_Trevor