[ros-users] Stage and amcl Parameters

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Wed Aug 18 01:20:12 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Alexis Cheng <acheng_1221 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to simulate the ability to decrease the size of the amcl particle
> cloud. Is there any way to increase the quality of the laser scans or
> decrease the error of the amcl particle cloud during runtime? Thank you in
> advance.

hi Alexis,

I'm not sure what you mean by increasing the quality of the laser
scans.  The scan data coming from stageros is as good as the
underlying simulation can provide.  There's no noise added.

As for amcl, you can reduce its uncertainty by setting a pose, via the
'initialpose' topic.  It's of type
geometry_msgs/PoseWithCovarianceStamped, which includes covariance
values.  You cannot set the covariance independently of the pose,
however.

	brian.