[ros-users] vSLAM demo?

Helen Oleynikova eoleynikova at willowgarage.com
Thu Aug 19 09:17:52 UTC 2010

Hi Poojav,
I just wrote up a tutorial on using the stereo_vslam_node that you may find
helpful:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/vslam_system/Tutorials/RunningVslamOnStereoData
If the node was receiving the images correctly, you should see callback
printouts in the terminal where you ran roslaunch from. If you are not
seeing these (or not seeing anything), most likely the subscription is not
working correctly. I'm guessing that the problem is that the topics aren't
synchronized: stereo_vslam_node expects all 4 topics (left/image_rect,
right/image_rect, left/camera_info, right/camera_info) to be published
synchronously; that is, all 4 topics should have identical timestamps.
If this is the case, and you're still having problems, it would be helpful
if you could record a bag of your data.
Thanks,
Helen