[ros-users] Vision Stack Questions

Helen Oleynikova eoleynikova at willowgarage.com
Thu Aug 19 09:30:17 UTC 2010

Hi Ivan,
You want the posest package, actually - visodo no longer exists.
Victor has been working on pose estimation from monocular images, and you
can test it out for yourself with the run_mono executable in vslam_system to
run on stored image files (or the mono_vslam_node to run on data from ROS
topics). However, few motion cases have been implemented; it appears to work
well on pure translation, though Victor would know more about it than me.
Thanks,
Helen