[ros-users] Setting up tilt unit for the point cloud

Vijay Pradeep vpradeep at willowgarage.com
Thu Aug 19 23:56:19 UTC 2010

Hi Sanja,

Are you trying to collect data on a PR2, or on some other platform?

*On the PR2:*
- The "How To Assemble Laser Scans" tutorial that Tully mentions is a great
way to get started.
- To control the laser, you can look at the Laser
Controller<http://www.ros.org/wiki/pr2_mechanism_controllers/LaserScannerTrajController#Usage_example>
- If you want stuff to just kind of work, you can use the example launch
file for the pr2_laser_snapshotter<http://www.ros.org/wiki/pr2_laser_snapshotter#Example>
.

*On a Custom Platform:*
This thread from July has some good pointers of how to get started.
http://ros-users.122217.n3.nabble.com/Tilting-Hokuyo-tt939061.html#a939181
I am more than happy to elaborate on any of the specific parts if you have
any questions.

Vijay