[ros-users] Nodelets

Radu Bogdan Rusu rusu at willowgarage.com
Fri Aug 20 03:02:48 UTC 2010

Daniel,

Nodelets are single process (usually multi-threaded), and you're right - the publish/subscribe intra-process
optimization was implemented to get them to use the same ROS API mechanisms (in addition to other requests). The nice
thing about the entire design is that you can easily split your nodelet modules into different processes and on
different machines without changing anything in your code, simply by passing them to different nodelet managers.

Cheers,
Radu.