[ros-users] Ubuntu package fetching at a crawl

Eric Perko wisesage5001 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 04:52:47 UTC 2010

Hi Travis,

I just checked my home connection to code.ros.org, and was able to download
a deb file with Chrome reporting ~400 KB/s, which is reasonable.

Not sure what's up with your connection to code.ros.org, but have you tried
any of the mirrors listed at
http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Installation/UbuntuMirrors . If you can install
from any of those at a good speed, perhaps your home ISP has some issues
routing to code.ros.org?

- Eric