[ros-users] communicating with windows

Christian Verbeek verbeek at servicerobotics.eu
Mon Aug 23 19:57:58 UTC 2010

> It should be relatively trivial to manually create vcproj's for roscpp
> and all its dependencies, but you'll need to do the message generation
> manually.  I'm not sure how useful that would be though, since you may
> want a lot of the low-level support libraries and messages as well
> (such as the common and geometry stacks).  If all you want is roscpp
> though it should be doable.
>
> As far as environment variables, I believe everything you'd need is
> also available as a command-line option and can be specified through
> one of the ros::init() versions.  Specifically: __master and possibly
> __ip or __hostname.

Dear Josh,

Maybe one more try to concretize the problem. My GUI is a front-end to
the navigation stack. It display more or less the things visualized by
rviz plus some process management functions.

APIs needed are roscpp, common_msgs, tf and actionlib.

The generation of messages could be done on the Linux system and then
copy the cpp files to the Windows source tree, right?

Would you expand your statement about creating vcprojs for roscpp to the
other APIs?

Regards
Christian