[ros-users] communicating with windows

Alex Barvo robotnv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 20:05:29 UTC 2010

> I even managed to get qt+mingw cross compiling, but qt isn't built well
for cross-compiling - required so many hard code hacks to make it build
properly I don't think I ever want to try sustaining

that.

Daniel, I'm very new on ros-users, so please excuse my lack of background. I
promise, I'll catch up. :)

Are you talking about Nokia's Qt library?

If yes, then Qt library was build specifically for ease of cross-compiling.

It should be very easy to cross-compile. It's just not obvious how to do it.

They actually compile it by default with mingw. So I just confused by your
statement.

>I'd be interested to see how hard it is to cross-compile wxwidgets with
mingw.

>From what I keep hearing from other developers, Qt is a much nicer library
then wxwidgets.

I know several projects (including infamous VLC media player) that switched
from wxwindows

to Qt and never looked back.

Is there something specific I can help with?

Alex