[ros-users] Pioneer3

Laura laurago894 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 14:21:42 UTC 2010

Hi Raph:

I would like to know if you had any trouble using slam_gmapping to generate
the map shown in the video you posted. I am using a pioneer p2dx with a Sick
lms200 laser and used ROSARIA with the navigation stack as well. I have no
problems teleoperating the robot and visualizing the laser scans in rviz.
However, when I play the records of the bag files  generated and run
slam_gmapping along with it I get the following error:

"TF_OLD_DATA ignoring data from the past for frame base_laser_link"

The map is sometimes generated though.

I would want to know if you ever faced this problem.

Thank you very much.

Laura