[ros-users] Shared installation wiki page

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Wed Aug 25 18:30:03 UTC 2010

That should work.

One thing to be careful of is that the shared installation directory
is usually read-only. For both rospy and roslisp, we have had to come
up with solutions for how to compile the files appropriately so that
the interpreters don't have performance issues. For python, we
generate the pyc files as part of the debian packaging. For lisp, the
files are compiled into the user's ROS_HOME directory.

 - Ken