[ros-users] NXT map making

Melonee Wise mwise at willowgarage.com
Thu Aug 26 17:50:32 UTC 2010

Hi max -

In the nxt_assisted_teleop package there is a conversion script called range_to_pointcloud.py or something similar... We used this conversion script along with the nav stack which creates a costmap.. The scene in the video is using the nxt_assisted_teleop package which is showing the costmap as we drive around in the odom_combined frame. Take a look at the launch script in nxt_assisted_teleop to get a better feel for what parts of the nav stack we're using

-Melonee