[ros-users] irobot create urdf for gazebo

Jeff Rousseau drzaiusx11 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 18:16:17 UTC 2010

I've created a URDF for the iRobot Create based on
'erratic_description' found at ua-ros-pkg.

It requires the 'erratic_gazebo_plugins' package found here (a
diff-drive implementation):
http://ua-ros-pkg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/arrg/ua_controllers/erratic_gazebo_plugins/

The URDF is not perfect, but it's a starting point.  I was lucky
enough to find an accurate model to use as a mesh (and I've received
permission from the artist to distribute it with ROS)

Until I can get a public svn repository setup it will be available here:
http://jeffrousseau.info/pub/create_description.zip

enjoy,
Jeff