[ros-users] Autofocus for Logitech QC Pro 9000

Bill Morris morris at ee.ccny.cuny.edu
Mon Aug 30 18:01:38 UTC 2010

You can also try this fork if you want.
http://robotics.ccny.cuny.edu/git/usb_cam.git

The biggest problem you are going to have is the camera calibration
changes for each focal distance. I started implementing code to
generate and load the calibrations dynamically but it isn't done yet.

Right now the calibration files are automatically named based on the usb
VID, PID and serial number. The next step is to add the focal length to
the file name.

You can run guvcview at the same time as the cameradriver to turn
autofocus on. Right now the uvc_cam  driver does not change any of the
setting.

Another option is to do it in the code something like this...
struct v4l2_control c;
c.id = V4L2_CID_BRIGHTNESS;
c.value = 192;
xioctl(fd, VIDIOC_S_CTRL, &c);