[ros-users] rosinstall Cturtle installation error on Snow leopard

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Mon Aug 30 21:10:12 UTC 2010

You're free to add corrections to the wiki. Try your best to follow
the existing style.

IMHO, the OS X page needs to be split by version (e.g. 10.5, 10.6).
One of the reasons for the Python incongruity is that older versions
of OS X generally came with very out-of-date Python releases.  Also,
Snow Leopard's transition 64-bit transition broke important
dependencies like wxwidgets, which makes Snow Leopard less compatible
with ROS than 10.5.

Thus, it seems increasingly the case that OS X installation needs a
different approach to handle these divergences, as attempting to rely
on Macports across multiple OS X releases has proven to be very
slippery.

 - Ken